Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: The Fair

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    They are aiming for June - to dodge all the other local fairs and have less competition for quality entertainers.

    They dont have any entertainment lined up yet - so there's no guarantee, but they're hoping to get "first dibs" per se.

    This time of year you have the Appalachian Fair, the Dickenson County Fair, Va-Ky District Fair, Russell County Fair.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    yes that is what I was told. I hope that they can do this, the fair really hasn't changed much since I was a child. Just another event that takes all my money so my child can play rip off games.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    [ QUOTE ]
    If I was wearing diapers 2 dozen years ago I must have been horrible at potty training!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I thought I saw you at Wal Mart with a package of Depends in your cart just a month or so ago. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    I've seen some rather young girls and guys go into carnie trailers. What they are doing in there is something that is probably best left unsaid. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    I was on the ferris wheel at the Appy Fair one year, looking down on a carnie trailer while the wheel was stopped. Door opened, two very nice looking girls step out, clothing messed up. Then a nasty carnie steps out behind them.

    Are these women so hard up that they have to resort to banging carnies? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought I saw you at Wal Mart with a package of Depends in your cart just a month or so ago

    [/ QUOTE ]

    actually anytime I'm at wal-mart shopping you may find a pack of Assurance incontinence pads in my cart (generic brand). I leave one down for the dogs when I'm gone during the day. They're better than the ones in the pet section!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    I think the fair needs whomever used to do talent to come back. A few years back..ok several, they tended to get talent that was just about to break it big. Someone had a good handle on music or had a good connection and got talent that wasn't as expensive when booked but by the time the fair rolled around was a bit more successful.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    Keep in mind we've had the same fair committee for many many years. Our fair committe is aging, and not so much into 'keeping up'

    The committee needs young blood!

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    [ QUOTE ]
    You should hold off and go Saturday night. Phil Dirt & The Dozers. Good little band. I've seen them at least 6 or 7 times over the last 10-15 years.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I can't make it saturday (gotta go to KY to the in-laws) or I would be there to see them.
    Did go last night walked around the midway twice, took my sister-in-law on the moon(something) ride and had to get the guy to stop it early because she got pretty scared (had never been on anything like that) then we went and rode the ferris wheel. Was it just last night or has there been nobody there much all week, I was expecting a bigger crowd. I did get to watch some of the motorcross racing before we left.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    I know its generally the same committee, and I actually used to have the name of who it was that was primarily involved with selecting talent, but they aren't involved currently and haven't been in several years.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Fair

    look for the fair to be moved to June 4 next year. Grey Fair is expanding back to 2 weeks so they are going to take this week and the next week they are scheduled for. Grey is a big money maker for them. I think June 4 week is probably the only slot they had open [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •